St Catherine’s is a small national charity, based in Ventnor, which runs a residential special school for children and young people with speech, language and communication needs and associated conditions.
ICT SPECIALIST TEACHER REQUIRED FOR START OF AUTUMN TERM 2021
The school wishes to appoint an innovative, energetic, resilient and committed teacher to join our staff team.
Applicants should be highly motivated and passionate about the challenge of educating students with speech, language and communication needs and be committed to raising standards.
As such, we are looking for a teacher who is:
- experienced in teaching in a mainstream or special school environment;
- able to demonstrate outstanding subject and curriculum knowledge;
- dedicated to supporting students with speech, language and communication needs to reach their potential;
- an excellent team player who can demonstrate outstanding and innovative teaching skills;
- able to demonstrate an ability to use a variety of communication techniques when working with children with complex needs;
- creative, committed and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others;
- able to build positive relationships with children and all relevant stakeholders; and
- flexible and possesses a positive approach to change and challenge, demonstrating a willingness to contribute to the school’s vision and goals and to its improvement agenda.
Salary details: Teachers’ Main Pay Scale up to UP3 and SEN 1. Salary dependent upon experience.
The closing date for this role is 12 noon on Tuesday 4th May 2021. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 12th May 2021.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Sarah Thompson, Principal on 01983 852722.
St Catherine’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to enhanced-level disclosure and barring checks.
St Catherine’s, Grove Road, Ventnor, Isle of Wight, PO38 1TT.
Registered charity number: 288148
About St Catherine's
St Catherine’s is national charity, based in Ventnor, which runs a residential special school for children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.